Introducing the easiest and tastiest plant based ice cream recipe to satisfy your cravings. Soft and creamy, easy to scoop straight out of the freezer, and melts in your mouth. We use a simple “novelty appliance” ice cream maker, which is really just a frozen bowl and churning paddle.
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1 1/2 Cups Soy Milk
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Tblsp Tapioca Starch
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
Mix all ingredients together in a pot, bring to the boil, and let it simmer for a couple of minutes until it starts to thicken.
Remove from the heat, let it cool, then refrigerate overnight.
Add to your ice cream maker and churn until it’s started to freeze. (10 – 20 minutes depending on your machine).
Chuck in the freezer until it’s fully frozen.
– If you want to colour or flavour your ice cream, add this in once you’ve finished boiling it while it’s cooling.
– If you want to add something solid (e.g. chocolate chips or cookie pieces), do this a minute or two before you take it out of the ice cream maker.
– If you want to add fruit – DON’T add it cut up raw fruit. It will freeze solid and just not be pleasant to eat. DO make a ‘jam’ out of the fruit (boil pureed fruit, sugar and water until it’s the consistency of jam) then mix it in at the end. This way it will still be soft and edible when your ice cream freezes.
Flavours we’ve made so far:
- Coconut and cherry
- Mango, lime, and coconut
- Chocolate coffee (melted in 100g chocolate, and added a double shot of espresso)
- Orange chocolate chip
- Mint chocolate chip
- Goody goody gumdrop (bubblegum flavour with gum drop lollies mixed through
- Cookies and cream